Here at SVC, we are proud of the everyday milestones our members are accomplishing. Every month, we round up their achievements to share with our community. Below, you’ll see just some of the impact our members are making in the world. Congratulations to our members, and keep up the great work!
- With the Business Roundtable announcement being such a hot topic in current events, we wanted to share a few pieces by our members: Morgan Simon penned this piece on FastCompany about what CEOs need to do to take this initiative seriously, and pioneering SVC members (who are B Corporations) put out a call to action for companies to get a B Corp certification. Jay Coen Gilbert of B Corporation also wrote a response.
- Chloe Capital co-founder Kathryn Cartini was recently interviewed here about her belief in inner strength, and its congruence with good leadership.
- SVC Member Kristin Hull was recently quoted on this US News & World Report piece about women creating success in the financial services industry.
- Once again, Morgan Simon writes a piece, this time on Forbes, about Opportunity Zones.
- SVC Member Marc Lesser is teaching an online course on Mindful Leadership through Insight Timer, which gives first-time visitors a free 7-day trial. He will also teach a live, 1-day workshop at the LinkedIn headquarters on October 25th.
- Applications are now open for our SVC Beyond the Pitch event in Berkeley, California on November 13th, 2019 as part of our annual conference. We will accept applications for ventures across all U.S. geographies and sectors for this pitch until September 9th, 2019. Apply here.
- Applications for our Innovation Entrepreneur program is also open. The program seeks to support next generation business leaders- especially women entrepreneurs and entrepreneurs of color to secure the human & social capital needed to grow their enterprises and expand their impact. Apply here.
- The Acumen Civic Accelerator is now accepting applications until September 5th. The “Future of Work” Accelerator is a 10-week entrepreneur boot camp that will help accelerate 10-15 innovative, scalable ventures that increase workforce access, readiness and success. Apply now.
- JB Media is holding an Impact Growth Workshop centered on Branding and Marketing Best Practices for purpose-led businesses. Register here with a special SVC rate.
- In partnership with ECMC Foundation, Chloe Capital will continue their national tour to Invest In Women. They are offering several new opportunities for women-led innovation companies through 1-day popup accelerators that feature fireside chats with women leaders, startup pitches and investments between $100,000 – $250,000. Founders also gain visibility and connections to top-tier investors. Apply here.
- McKinsey recently put out this report about the economic impact of closing the racial wealth gap.
- Call for Reels: Reel Impact Festival invites you to submit a promo reel, a 1-5 minute video that highlights the impact of a social organization/company (for profit or non-profit), a service, a product, and/or a campaign. By submitting a promo reel, you will have the opportunity to share your work with a large and diverse audience, as well as the opportunity to win an award for your submission at our Reel Impact Festival on Dec 5, in Oakland. The deadline for submitting the reel is September 17, 2019. Submit your promo reel via FilmFreeway here or send it to Lívia: [email protected]
- Angel Capital Association resources are available to SVC Members: webinars are free of charge, and events are available at the member rate. View the following opportunities: