Here at SVC, we are proud of the everyday milestones our members are accomplishing. Every month, we round up their achievements to share with our community. Below, you’ll see just some of the impact our members are making in the world. Congratulations to our members, and keep up the great work!
- SVC Member Company Amalgamated Bank recertifies as a B Corp, raised their score by 28 points, and now up at 115. See more here.
- SVC Members are featured in this NY Times article entitled, “Investing for Social Impact Is Complicated. Here Are 4 Ways to Simplify It”.
- SVC Member Nell Derrick-Debevoise is on the Council for The Nook, who will be holding their Purpose & Power Summit on July 20-21 for women at mid-career and mid-life.
- SVC Member Dr. Patricia Jones Blessman is on the advisory board of Pigment International, a multi-cultural arts collective.
- SVC Member Natasha Lamb pens this article on why Facebook shareholders want Marck Zuckerberg out.
- SVC Member Marc Lesser is featured on the 10% Happier with Dan Harris Podcast, where he talks about being a Zen priest with an MBA. Listen in here.
- SVC Member company Nia Impact Capital is featured on this piece about gender lens investing.
- IDB Invest Backs Award-Winning Ejido Verde to Expand Social Reforestation Innovation. See more here.
- SVC Member Harry Doull of Keap Candles writes this piece about the climate crisis and the regenerative economy as a solution.
- LOOP is now live in France and US North East! Read more here.
- SVC Conference Speaker Cheryl Contee just released her book for women and minorities entitled “Mechanical Bull: How You Can Achieve Startup Success”. See more here.
- According to Vogue Magazine, in the future, we will all be wearing Eileen Fisher.
- SVC Member Company Clif Bar is featured in Fast Company, where the CEOs talk about walking away from their roles, only to return back at the helms of the company. Here’s what’s next. Read on.
- Baratunde Thurston just released his TED talk entitled, “How to Deconstruct Racism, One Headline at a Time”. Watch it here.
- MPOWERED & Save the Children team up to bring inflatable solar lights to distribute to children and families affected by natural and other disasters. Learn more and support here.
- SVC sister organization Social Venture Institute (SVI) is hosting a four-day intensive conference for social entrepreneurs and mission-driven leaders. Travel to stunning Cortes Island September 11-15 to fine tune your business strategies, learn best practices for solving problems, and build lasting relationships with business peers and mentors. Learn more here.
- SOCAP19 Social Entrepreneur Scholarship Applications are open, deadline June 30th. Apply here.
- Project Equity is hosting this webinar on employee ownership as an ideal exit strategy for business owners. Sign up here.
- SOCAP Open is an invitation to share your best programming ideas with the SOCAP conference team and community. Submissions until June 14.
- The University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL) and Unilever launched the sixth Unilever Young Entrepreneurs Awards for entrepreneurs ages 18-35. Apply here before June 30.
- Opportunity Collaboration, the summit for global leaders dedicated to building sustainable solutions to poverty and injustice, has now opened registration for their October 13-18 “un-conference”. Register here to take advantage of early bird specials.
- SVC Member Eileen Fisher offers a “Supporting Women in the Environmental Justice” Grant, offering up $30,000 for applicants working in this space. Learn more here.
- Angel Capital Association Webinar: Fundamentals of Angel Investing: Valuations, June 19th (12:00-1:00pm EST) – Register Here