Here at SVC, we are proud of the everyday milestones our members are accomplishing. Every month, we round up their achievements to share with our community. Below, you’ll see just some of the impact our members are making in the world. Congratulations to our members, and keep up the great work!
- SVC Member Company Cornerstone Capital releases an Access Impact Framework that offers a new, proprietary approach to investing in alignment with the United Nation’s SDG 16: Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions.
- SVC Member Organization The Town Kitchen is now live on investment platform Republic .
- SVC Member Company EVRNU creates apparel innovation and garment waste material called NuCycle, and debuts collaboration with Stella McCartney and Adidas. EVRNU was also recently featured on the Wall Street Journal.
- SVC Member Jay Coen Gilbert pens a new piece on Forbes entitled, “New Business Trend: An Authentic Commitment to Purpose”.
- SVC Member Jeffrey Hollender is featured on Lumi Blog’s “Well-Made” podcast to talk about his transition out of making products, and into creating fundamental systems change.
- SVC Member Marc Lesser is leading a 1-day workshop at LinkedIn San Francisco entitled “Seven Practices of a Mindful Leader”, where participants will explore how the inner work of mindfulness meets the outer work of leadership and business as a force for positive change. Register here.
- SVC Member Mark Watson and his partner Deborah Friezes of Boston Impact Capital are featured on the Good Capital Project’s website about their work in place-based impact investing to promote economic justice and an inclusive local economy. Read it here.
- Applications are now open for our SVC Beyond the Pitch event in Berkeley, California on November 13th, 2019 as part of our annual conference. We will accept applications for ventures across all U.S. geographies and sectors for this pitch until September 9th, 2019. Apply here.
- Funding available for female entrepreneurs: Applications are now being accepted for the 2020 edition of the Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards. Deadline is August 14th at 2pm Paris time.
- SVC members can take advantage of Angel Capital Association’s (ACA) webinars free of charge. Their upcoming webinar on August 21st is entitled “The Rise of Revenue Financing Funds”. Register here
- Call for Reels: Reel Impact Festival invites you to submit a promo reel, a 1-5 minute video that highlights the impact of a social organization/company (for profit or non-profit), a service, a product, and/or a campaign. By submitting a promo reel, you will have the opportunity to share your work with a large and diverse audience, as well as the opportunity to win an award for your submission at our Reel Impact Festival on Dec 5, in Oakland. The deadline for submitting the reel is September 17, 2019. Submit your promo reel via FilmFreeway here or send it to Lívia: [email protected]