Welcome to the Next Economy
Social Venture Circle (SVC) is a membership network that equips entrepreneurs, impact investors, and capacity-builders with connections, money, and expertise in order to build businesses that drive the NEXT economy: one that is regenerative, equitable and prosperous for all. Social Venture Circle connects, empowers, and finances entrepreneurs, investors, capacity- builders, and policy makers in a powerful, diverse, and inclusive network.
Now in our fourth decade, Social Venture Circle was founded by the originators and luminaries of socially conscious business. The network continues to attract and empower the leaders, enterprises and institutions of a new economy that galvanize the business world to create social, economic, and environmental change.
What Differentiates Us:
- SVC is known for our direct support of our member companies and this places us in a position of expertise within the narrative of growth and scale of social impact companies and direct transactional knowledge.
- SVC has historic case studies of member companies that have successfully exited to large scale impact and/or are now publicly traded, so we are able to speak to the entire life cycle and best practices of social impact companies and related transactions. This long, 40-year history is unique to SVC.
- Our local, national and virtual educational programming is designed to both help members expand their toolkits and relationships in the impact space, as well as educate those potential members new to the social impact space. Our pitch sessions are designed to facilitate the flow of capital into impact companies.
SVC Partners use their industry expertise to help us build the impact investing marketplace to bring resources to the most innovative businesses scaling solutions for the world's most pressing challenges
"Our partnership with Social Venture Circle goes beyond the investment marketplace; it affords us the opportunity to make a real impact in the lives of people in our community. We are dedicated to supporting their mission to serve enterprises in the Greater Philadelphia Area that are addressing social and environmental challenges."
- Lou Rappaport, Partner, Blank Rome LLP
"Orrick has been proud to support SVC as the network has played a key role in developing the impact investing ecosystem in New York. Orrick and SVC are aligned in our commitment to support innovative entrepreneurs who aim to build companies that create positive social, environmental, and financial outcomes for investors, employees, and the community. We look forward to continuing to work with SVC as the network expands and helps create meaningful change in New York and around the world."
- Perry Teicher, Impact Finance Attorney, Orrick
"Social Venture Circle has proven to be an excellent partner as we work to support the thriving and growing impact investing community in Colorado. Through our sponsorship of SVC events, we have had the opportunity to expand our network and build valuable relationships, both on the local and national level. Their decades -long experience in bringing investors together and sourcing deals is unmatched."
- Dominick Sekich, Moye White
"We are happy to be the SVC NC local host partner and find it rewarding to help support the early-stage impact investing ecosystem. Interacting with SVC members provides us with additional perspective on what impact investors are looking for when evaluating investment opportunities which, in turn, helps us better counsel our clients. We are also able to share our broad base of experience with early-stage companies and different types of investors with the SVC members to enrich their experience as well."
- Dan Fuchs, Hutchison PLLC
"Morgan Lewis is proud to sponsor SVC in Boston to help spread the word about impact investing to the larger Boston angel investor community. SVC meetings are a great opportunity to meet not only impact investors and investees but also thought leaders in the field. At one SVC meeting meeting we met a Northeastern University professor who teaches impact investing and we are now working with her to set up a student-led impact investment fund there that will be focused on the local Boston community."
- Carl Valenstein, Morgan Lewis
"SVC has effectively engaged leading practitioners and investors to inform our SEAD initiative and was instrumental in connecting global health investors together to help share deals and learnings about how to build a more robust investment market for global health."
- Cathy Clark, CASE i3 at Duke